The AlsationInRussia AIR Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Friendly & Social Networking Forum For Arts, Music, News, Chat

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Has the recession affected you...so far

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Has the recession affected you...so far Empty
PostSubject: Has the recession affected you...so far   Has the recession affected you...so far EmptyWed Jan 21, 2009 6:36 am

With interest rates cut, but Banks not lending and
businesses going bust. Have you been affected by the recession.

I work in the Property Department, So I have been affected badly. Hardly any
work in, 2 people from my Dept have been laid off work.

Also I was meant to sell my commercial property so that I can pay the mortgage
of the house me and my Husband bought to live in, But no one is buying and no
one in particular wants a Commercial property.

The one benefit I do have is that my Mortgage payments have
come down.

Have you been affected?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Has the recession affected you...so far   Has the recession affected you...so far EmptyWed Jan 21, 2009 8:05 am

Not me personally, but my daughter was made redundant last week. Sad

She has rent and bills to pay and is desperately trying to find another job like all the other thousands in the same boat.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Has the recession affected you...so far   Has the recession affected you...so far EmptyThu Jan 22, 2009 12:36 pm

I had to cancel my November holiday, and now I've been for an interview for a second job.. Money is getting a bit tight now :758960:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Has the recession affected you...so far   Has the recession affected you...so far EmptyThu Jan 22, 2009 12:38 pm

I'm self employed and used to have a few lads working for me, but now have to do the work myself.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Has the recession affected you...so far   Has the recession affected you...so far EmptyThu Jan 22, 2009 12:41 pm

My rents went up, food prices have went up .. Im skint, then I got a letter from the Gas board, saying GAS IS GOIN UP AGAIN .................................. robbing bastards. I just feel Im working for nothing these days.. and I lost a couple of houses ( Im a cleaner) due to them not affording to pay me anymore. 🇳🇴 My main job is safe though, I've been asking for more work there as well .. so get the odd couple of nights when big functions are on. ( I clean and am caretaker of the local Parish Hall - Chapel)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Has the recession affected you...so far   Has the recession affected you...so far EmptyThu Jan 22, 2009 1:12 pm

It seems like no one is left not affected.

Magical I hope your daughter finds something soon, there was a show on ITV the other day about how people need to look for a wider range when applying for jobs. There was this one guy who had a degree in Business and Management and he couldnt get a job at the end he settled for Shop floor assistant and was told to work his way up.

Shine self employed have been hit the hardest, like me your in the property game too, but for around a good 6 years work for us was very busy.

SB- Can you work a second job, I was thinking about doing weekends at Asda or something, but I dont think I can I need some "me" time

Drum- Fix your gas bills I think British Gas offer that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Has the recession affected you...so far   Has the recession affected you...so far EmptyThu Jan 22, 2009 1:14 pm

I've about enough to last 18 months, Nora, and then it will bite, but I've had it worse.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Has the recession affected you...so far   Has the recession affected you...so far EmptyThu Jan 22, 2009 1:17 pm

"They" say it will fully recover my 2011.

I was too young to understand the last recession, but didnt that last for 4 years?

Your lucky you got that Shine, I think you will have enough for the worst part after 2 years I think things will start to look better
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Has the recession affected you...so far   Has the recession affected you...so far EmptyThu Jan 22, 2009 1:19 pm

Nora wrote:
"They" say it will fully recover my 2011.

I was too young to understand the last recession, but didnt that last for 4 years?

Your lucky you got that Shine, I think you will have enough for the worst part after 2 years I think things will start to look better

I did very well over the last ten years and am now doing badly, but that is fortune, Nora, and without the hard times, the good times have no shine.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Has the recession affected you...so far   Has the recession affected you...so far EmptyThu Jan 22, 2009 1:27 pm

Thats true Shine, same with me, I was busy at work with the Market Boom my family bought 5 houses in the last 5 years, we have them on rent, Plus we bought our Home we looking to move next month.

So cant complain,

My only regret is not marketing the commercial property we had sooner. We was easily going to make 90,000 on top of what we bought it for. (We spent around 40,000 on it) but now Its going for near the price we had bought it. So we decided to keep it as it is rented and that covers the Loan.

I think the one benefit for Landlords is that rent figures are staying the same but the mortgages have come down so we make more benefit.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Has the recession affected you...so far   Has the recession affected you...so far EmptyFri Jan 23, 2009 2:42 am

Magical said:-

Yep! America is in the dwang, Aussie is feeling it too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Has the recession affected you...so far   Has the recession affected you...so far EmptyFri Jan 23, 2009 2:42 am

America is far worse then us, I think we should count ourselves lucky. Mind you they a bigger country too.

China is ok, but with the recession affecting everyone else they are bound to see a drop in the Export area.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Has the recession affected you...so far   Has the recession affected you...so far EmptyFri Jan 23, 2009 5:47 am

Last night while watching Question Time on the BBC one of the panel said "Is this the end of Capitalism?"

Well Trotsky spoke of 'The death agony of Capitalism' more than 80 years ago but Capitalism survived by way of a world war. This you can be assured of has been planned by the International bankers and their puppet politicians. The taxpayer in the US has already bailed them out to a certain degree and the same is happening here. This has been well planned and what comes next who knows.

As for the recession many parts of Britain never recovered from the recession in the early 1980's never mind now. I am on long term sick and so therefore I have no job to lose and finnancially speaking Im a lot better off than someone who has lost their job. I am also a council tenant so I don't have to worryabout my home being repossesed but the increase in energy and food prces hs been phenomenal and so I was already feeling the pinch. The Tory policies of Mrs Thatcher and John Major were at the root of all this and the continuation of those policies by nu-Labour have forced this.

Blair and Brown's continuation of policies that ripped Britain apart in the 1980's was a huge mistake. It just goes to show that you can't trust either of the two main parties and that Capitalism in general doesn't work. Whatever replaces Capitalism and something will sooner or later just make sure that whatever it is we get rid of the present day ruling elites who have ruled us and fucked us over for centuries. We know who they are.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Has the recession affected you...so far   Has the recession affected you...so far EmptyFri Jan 23, 2009 5:48 am

Back to top Go down
dayus

dayus

Male
Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2009-01-17

PostSubject: Re: Has the recession affected you...so far   Has the recession affected you...so far EmptyMon Jan 26, 2009 10:13 am

Not me. In fact I'm more flush than I've ever been. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Has the recession affected you...so far   Has the recession affected you...so far EmptyMon Jan 26, 2009 10:14 am

What do you do?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Has the recession affected you...so far   Has the recession affected you...so far EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 1:53 am

I don't know whether anyone else has noticed, or whether it's simply me, but there seems to be less morning traffic on the roads? I don't know why this is, but is is possibly the case that there are less workers commuting to work and that the recession is biting much harder than we think?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Has the recession affected you...so far   Has the recession affected you...so far Empty

Back to top Go down

Has the recession affected you...so far
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The AlsationInRussia AIR Forum :: News Forums :: Debate and Discussion-
Jump to: