The AlsationInRussia AIR Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Friendly & Social Networking Forum For Arts, Music, News, Chat

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Banned Dutch MP Thrown Out Of UK

Go down 

Was the Decision to Ban the MP Right?
Yes
Banned Dutch MP Thrown Out Of UK Vote_lcap100%Banned Dutch MP Thrown Out Of UK Vote_rcap
 100% [ 2 ]
No
Banned Dutch MP Thrown Out Of UK Vote_lcap0%Banned Dutch MP Thrown Out Of UK Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 2

Poll closed

AuthorMessage

Banned Dutch MP Thrown Out Of UK Empty
PostSubject: Banned Dutch MP Thrown Out Of UK   Banned Dutch MP Thrown Out Of UK EmptyFri Feb 13, 2009 3:55 am

A far-right Dutch MP has branded the UK Government "cowards" after he was refused entry to Britain because of his anti-Islam views.

Banned Dutch MP Thrown Out Of UK 15221983

Geert Wilders received a ban on Tuesday

Geert Wilders was detained on landing at Heathrow airport and sent back to the Netherlands just over three hours later.
He had been invited by a British peer to show his controversial 17-minute film Fitna, which criticises the Koran as a "fascist book", in the House of Lords.
Mr Wilders has urged the Dutch government to ban the Koran and warned of a "tsunami" of Islam swamping the Netherlands.
The MP said he had no regrets about the trip, attacking "the cowards in the UK government," and accusing Gordon Brown of having a servile attitude toward Islam.
He was not allowed into the country because his opinions "would threaten community security and therefore public security".
The Dutch government expressed "deep regret" at Britain's decision to refuse Mr Wilders entry, and the country's ambassador to Britain went to Heathrow to offer assistance.
Netherlands Foreign Minister Maxime Verhagen said: "It is highly regrettable that a Dutch MP should be denied entry to another EU country."

Sky's Mark White Reports

Two screenings of Mr Wilders' controversial film went ahead in Westminster, including one for the media which he had been planning to attend.
The other screening, in the House of Lords, was attended by about 30 people, of whom five were peers. No MPs attended.
UK Independence Party peer Lord Pearson, who invited Mr Wilders to Britain, said he did not agree with all his views but strongly defended his right to express them.
In a joint statement he and cross-bench peer Baroness Cox said they were "promoting freedom of speech" and accused the Government of "appeasing" militant Islam.
Lord Pearson asked Home Office Minister Lord West of Spithead: "Do you think this situation would occur if Mr Wilders had said ban the Bible?"
Lord West replied: "I certainly don't think we are guilty of appeasement in any way whatsoever.
"I don't want to go down the route of discussing a hypothetical case of what if he talked about this, what if he talked about that."
The film sparked violent protests around the Muslim world last year for linking verses in the religious text with footage of terrorist attacks.
A spokesman for the Muslim Council of Britainsaid: "Geert Wilders has been an open and relentless preacher of hate - there is little difference between his views and those of the far right."
Back to top Go down
dayus

dayus

Male
Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2009-01-17

PostSubject: Re: Banned Dutch MP Thrown Out Of UK   Banned Dutch MP Thrown Out Of UK EmptyFri Feb 13, 2009 11:04 am

I think he has fabulous hair.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Banned Dutch MP Thrown Out Of UK   Banned Dutch MP Thrown Out Of UK EmptyFri Feb 13, 2009 11:31 am

dayus wrote:

You would, if that's you in your avatar.

Sorry Dayus. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
dayus

dayus

Male

PostSubject: Re: Banned Dutch MP Thrown Out Of UK   Banned Dutch MP Thrown Out Of UK EmptyFri Feb 13, 2009 11:50 am

Magicalstar1 wrote:
dayus wrote:

You would, if that's you in your avatar.

Sorry Dayus. Embarassed

Sorry for me not having much hair?

Not your fault, it's me who shaves it every couple of days. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Banned Dutch MP Thrown Out Of UK   Banned Dutch MP Thrown Out Of UK EmptyFri Feb 13, 2009 1:47 pm

LOL Magical.

Yeah the hair on that guy (not dayus whistle ) is weird, its like a blonde Afro..sort of
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Banned Dutch MP Thrown Out Of UK   Banned Dutch MP Thrown Out Of UK EmptyFri Feb 13, 2009 3:40 pm

I say he deserved it.

Simply because he quotes out of context to make all muslims look bad.

As a PM he should have been fighting terrorism ONLY, not the whole of islam, what did i ever do to geert wilders? Me and my whole family are muslims, he insulted me and every one of my loved ones, he labeled us all EVIL with a video that used cheap tricks, we done nothing to him to deserve that.

Fuk him i say. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Banned Dutch MP Thrown Out Of UK   Banned Dutch MP Thrown Out Of UK EmptySat Feb 14, 2009 12:19 am

I read an article in yesterday's Guardian about him and it said he was an admirer of Mrs Thatcher so he must be a funt Sick

However does it make any sense to ban him or does it just make him a martyr to his cause?
Back to top Go down
dayus

dayus

Male

PostSubject: Re: Banned Dutch MP Thrown Out Of UK   Banned Dutch MP Thrown Out Of UK EmptySat Feb 14, 2009 1:00 am

SiD123 wrote:
Simply because he quotes out of context to make all muslims look bad.

Hi Sid,

I've not sat down and read the Koran since I had to try and translated it at University.

Could someone let me know which quotes he has used and what the actual context is please?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Banned Dutch MP Thrown Out Of UK   Banned Dutch MP Thrown Out Of UK EmptySun Feb 15, 2009 3:28 am

Truthy,

I dont think it was ever his intension to come to the UK and show his film in Parliment, His film is already avaliable on the Internet. But I think he needed publicity, as the film has been banned from Cinema etc, so he came to the UK. Dont forget he was informed prior to his journey that he would be refused, yet he still boared the plane, he was after publicity and him being banned gave that to him

Dayus I have not see the movie but will give you tomorrow some of the quotes he may have used.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Banned Dutch MP Thrown Out Of UK   Banned Dutch MP Thrown Out Of UK EmptyMon Feb 16, 2009 4:30 am

I wonder who's behind him?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Banned Dutch MP Thrown Out Of UK   Banned Dutch MP Thrown Out Of UK EmptyMon Feb 16, 2009 4:58 am

Yes I wonder Truthy..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Banned Dutch MP Thrown Out Of UK   Banned Dutch MP Thrown Out Of UK EmptyMon Feb 16, 2009 11:50 am

What is the film about?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Banned Dutch MP Thrown Out Of UK   Banned Dutch MP Thrown Out Of UK EmptyTue Mar 17, 2009 9:07 am

Hi Nora,
It is an absolute disgrace letting this evil man into the country, he should be thrown out along with any hate preachers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Banned Dutch MP Thrown Out Of UK   Banned Dutch MP Thrown Out Of UK EmptyTue Mar 17, 2009 10:14 am

Yes Fly agreed, that people that incite hate and wish to enter the UK should be refused, we have too many preachers of hate already here, we dont need anymore.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Banned Dutch MP Thrown Out Of UK   Banned Dutch MP Thrown Out Of UK Empty

Back to top Go down

Banned Dutch MP Thrown Out Of UK
Page 1 of 1