The AlsationInRussia AIR Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Friendly & Social Networking Forum For Arts, Music, News, Chat

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Your Photographs.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Gemo52

Gemo52

Female
Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2009-03-18

Your Photographs. Empty
PostSubject: Your Photographs.   Your Photographs. EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 3:31 pm

I really enjoy taking photographs.

Here are a couple:

St Mary’s Loch, Scotland.

Your Photographs. 75318417

Andratx, Mallorca.

Your Photographs. 107410753
Back to top Go down

Your Photographs. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your Photographs.   Your Photographs. EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 4:21 pm

Very professional ,Gemo Smile ,lovely photo's,what camera are you using?
Back to top Go down
Gemo52

Gemo52

Female

Your Photographs. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your Photographs.   Your Photographs. EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 5:06 pm

Thank you, Bella. Smile

At the moment a Sony Alpha 700, but I had the Alpha 100 and 200 before that. I’ve used a Sony 18-250mm lens for most of my shots and before that I had a Tamron version of the same lens.

I like photographing animals.

A couple of prairie dogs on their first day out of their nest.

Your Photographs. 97316291
Back to top Go down

Your Photographs. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your Photographs.   Your Photographs. EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 5:12 pm

You must have travelled ,Gemo eek Where did you see the prairie dogs,lovely picture
Back to top Go down
Gemo52

Gemo52

Female

Your Photographs. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your Photographs.   Your Photographs. EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 6:36 pm

They were in Five Sisters Zoo in Scotland.

I have travelled quite a bit but loads of my pictures are on film and it would be too much like hard work to scan them and put them on the web. The work I have on my gallery is from the last three or four years. The Gallery is my Homepage on SBS.
Back to top Go down

Your Photographs. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your Photographs.   Your Photographs. EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 6:57 pm

I'll have a look at that,Gemo
Ive started scanning some of my pictures from travelling days,it's alot of work though.
Back to top Go down
Gemo52

Gemo52

Female

Your Photographs. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your Photographs.   Your Photographs. EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 6:44 am

Bella wrote:
I'll have a look at that,Gemo
Ive started scanning some of my pictures from travelling days,it's alot of work though.

If you’ve got a desk top and a lap top computer you could scan on the desk top and post on forums on the lappy.
Back to top Go down

Your Photographs. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your Photographs.   Your Photographs. EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 6:51 am

Ive just done a couple,Gemo,I'll put them on a travel thread,Im no expert photographer though but I enjoy taking photos Smile
Back to top Go down
Gemo52

Gemo52

Female

Your Photographs. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your Photographs.   Your Photographs. EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 4:53 pm

I just point and shoot. I take photographs when a more knowledgable photographer wouldn’t attempt to do so and sometimes it works. Failures with digital cost nothing.
Back to top Go down

Your Photographs. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your Photographs.   Your Photographs. EmptyThu Mar 19, 2009 4:58 pm

You must be doing something right,Gemo,that prairie Dog one is excellent as are the others.I think you have to an eye for composition with photography .
Back to top Go down

Your Photographs. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your Photographs.   Your Photographs. EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 4:42 am

Fabulous pictures Gemo52. Rose

I will have a look at your gallery on SBS just now. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Gemo52

Gemo52

Female

Your Photographs. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your Photographs.   Your Photographs. EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 5:15 am

Thank you, Magicalstar.

Another couple.

Sunrise over Luxor (taken from a balloon).

Your Photographs. Large

And a sunset over Maspalomas, Gran Canaria.

Your Photographs. 96677888
Back to top Go down

Your Photographs. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your Photographs.   Your Photographs. EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 5:22 am

Excellent ,Gemo,you've got the light right Smile
Back to top Go down
Gemo52

Gemo52

Female

Your Photographs. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your Photographs.   Your Photographs. EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 5:50 am

Bella wrote:
Excellent ,Gemo,you've got the light right Smile

Thank you

I hadn’t put those pictures together before and so I hadn’t noticed the similarity between the lighthouse and the minaret, let alone that I’d stuck them in almost the same place.
Back to top Go down

Your Photographs. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your Photographs.   Your Photographs. EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 12:17 pm

Gemo52 wrote:
Thank you, Bella. Smile

At the moment a Sony Alpha 700, but I had the Alpha 100 and 200 before that. I’ve used a Sony 18-250mm lens for most of my shots and before that I had a Tamron version of the same lens.

I like photographing animals.

A couple of prairie dogs on their first day out of their nest.

Your Photographs. 97316291

Gem, you are a veritable charm with the camera, and your mind's eye and imagination to capture the moment is to be commended indeed.
Back to top Go down

Your Photographs. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your Photographs.   Your Photographs. EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 12:40 pm

Gemo, your pictures are damn good. You should enter a few competitions.

Rose
Back to top Go down

Your Photographs. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your Photographs.   Your Photographs. EmptyFri Mar 20, 2009 12:58 pm

She would win those competitions were Gem to do so, Magical.
Back to top Go down
Gemo52

Gemo52

Female

Your Photographs. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your Photographs.   Your Photographs. EmptyTue Mar 31, 2009 3:38 pm

Thank you. Surprised

The last time I entered a competition was quite embarrassing. It was about 10 years and I was covering training trip for professional photographers as a journalist. They had a competition as part of their week and my mate had prepared three prints for me to enter just for a laugh. I got second prize with my rainbow over Seattle – it was taken on film and I wouldn’t know where to find the scan but I do have the print hanging in the house. Smile
Back to top Go down

Your Photographs. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your Photographs.   Your Photographs. EmptyTue Mar 31, 2009 3:41 pm

They are professional to me, Gem, and even if they aren't they possess the aspect of being so.
Back to top Go down

Your Photographs. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your Photographs.   Your Photographs. EmptyTue Mar 31, 2009 3:43 pm

Well done,Gem, Smile
The training trip sounds interesting ,what did it entail ?
Back to top Go down
Gemo52

Gemo52

Female

Your Photographs. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your Photographs.   Your Photographs. EmptyTue Mar 31, 2009 4:09 pm

Bella wrote:
Well done,Gem, Smile
The training trip sounds interesting ,what did it entail ?

It was a load of mainly social photographers having a week in the sun – but it rained – have training in how to improve their photography. It was a bit boring.
Back to top Go down

Your Photographs. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your Photographs.   Your Photographs. EmptyTue Mar 31, 2009 4:12 pm

What ashame,the competition was a bonus though ,Are you a journalist ,Gem
Back to top Go down
Gemo52

Gemo52

Female

Your Photographs. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your Photographs.   Your Photographs. EmptyTue Mar 31, 2009 4:26 pm

I’m a journalist by default. My mate is a trained journalist and we have a publishing company and I used to edit books and magazines. I still do a bit but nowhere near as much as I used to.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Your Photographs. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your Photographs.   Your Photographs. Empty

Back to top Go down

Your Photographs.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The AlsationInRussia AIR Forum :: Art Forums :: Photography-
Jump to: