The AlsationInRussia AIR Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Friendly & Social Networking Forum For Arts, Music, News, Chat

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Have you ever lived in a different country?

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Have you ever lived in a different country? Empty
PostSubject: Have you ever lived in a different country?   Have you ever lived in a different country? EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 11:02 am

If you have what did you prefer or dislike about it compared to where you live now ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever lived in a different country?   Have you ever lived in a different country? EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 12:00 pm

I have never lived in another country but would love to buy a run down property in the Dordogne area of France. If I could find a living that would accomodate such a change in where I live, I wouldn't think twice about uppining up sticks and moving out there. Property for renovation can be bought relatively cheap and that includes surrounding land!
Back to top Go down
doodah

doodah

Female
Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2009-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever lived in a different country?   Have you ever lived in a different country? EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 12:02 pm

I have lived quite a few countries but the one place I would love to live is in a remote cottage in the Highlands of Scotland, preferably somewhere coastal.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever lived in a different country?   Have you ever lived in a different country? EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 12:06 pm

I've only ever been to the southern most regions of Scotland, Doods, but have thought this year about spending a few days or weekends in the Highlands. Sandy reckons there are some sublime spots of nature there, with beaches that would be unsurpassed were they to be compared to any Mediterranean shores. When I think of Scotland, I always think of Tarka the Other and a Ring of Bright Water.
Back to top Go down
doodah

doodah

Female

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever lived in a different country?   Have you ever lived in a different country? EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 12:07 pm

I like the idea of being somewhere remote but you are right I think Scotland has lots to offer in terms of natural unspoilt areas.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever lived in a different country?   Have you ever lived in a different country? EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 12:17 pm

If I had the wherewithal of wealth, Doods, home would be in many countries and ever more places, from the cold climes of high Siberia to hot steamy lagoons of Laos.
Back to top Go down
doodah

doodah

Female

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever lived in a different country?   Have you ever lived in a different country? EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 12:29 pm

I agree Shine although I would love to be away from city living.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever lived in a different country?   Have you ever lived in a different country? EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 12:30 pm

I lived in London for many years and looking back disliked it. I haven't been back since and have no desire to.
Back to top Go down
doodah

doodah

Female

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever lived in a different country?   Have you ever lived in a different country? EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 1:36 pm

Its a dump as far as I am concerned
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever lived in a different country?   Have you ever lived in a different country? EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 1:40 pm

I lived in London for years ,I miss it in many ways but looking back I left after I saw a man being stabbed in a pub only yards from me.He was'nt badly injured as far as I know but it put me off .I then moved to Berkshire for a few years .
Back to top Go down
doodah

doodah

Female

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever lived in a different country?   Have you ever lived in a different country? EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 2:29 pm

I cant wait to move out of London.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever lived in a different country?   Have you ever lived in a different country? EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 2:36 pm

doodah wrote:
I cant wait to move out of London.

Where would you want to live in England, Doods?
Back to top Go down
doodah

doodah

Female

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever lived in a different country?   Have you ever lived in a different country? EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 2:44 pm

Not sure but far from any big city I think, somewhere very rural.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever lived in a different country?   Have you ever lived in a different country? EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 2:49 pm

Would you live in France, Doods, if you could? In the Dordogne region?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever lived in a different country?   Have you ever lived in a different country? EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 2:53 pm

If i had the money i would live abroad

Places abroad are so chilled ....England is so stressed
Back to top Go down
doodah

doodah

Female

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever lived in a different country?   Have you ever lived in a different country? EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 2:54 pm

No because I can speak not a word of french, although the food and way of life.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever lived in a different country?   Have you ever lived in a different country? EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 3:06 pm

doodah wrote:
No because I can speak not a word of french, although the food and way of life.

You're bright enough, Doods, to pick up the language, and I'm sure you'd like it.
Back to top Go down
doodah

doodah

Female

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever lived in a different country?   Have you ever lived in a different country? EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 3:14 pm

You know the funny thing with all my travels, I have never been to Europe apart from Spain as a child.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever lived in a different country?   Have you ever lived in a different country? EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 3:15 pm

My son is doing G.C.S.E in french ...he loves the language
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever lived in a different country?   Have you ever lived in a different country? Empty

Back to top Go down

Have you ever lived in a different country?
Page 1 of 1