The AlsationInRussia AIR Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Friendly & Social Networking Forum For Arts, Music, News, Chat

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Places We Have Visited

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

Places We Have Visited - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Places We Have Visited   Places We Have Visited - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 04, 2009 12:35 pm

Okay, lots of places we don't like. Here's one I like. Not some exotic place. Just urbane, good architecture, no supermaket in the town ruining the small shops. Even a good school and great cake shops.

So folks, let's hear it for that little town of Louth in Lincs.

If I could get a job transfer there...and afford the housing, that is where I would go.

See, no great ambition. Misty is not all rebel and words 8)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Places We Have Visited   Places We Have Visited - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 04, 2009 2:01 pm

Places We Have Visited - Page 2 678-4984~Kings-College-Chapel-and-Punts-on-the-Backs-Cambridge-Cambridgeshire-England-Posters

To be honest I'm glad I live where I do. I miss a lot about London though and many's the time I wish I'd not moved but all in all it is beautiful where I live.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Places We Have Visited   Places We Have Visited - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 04, 2009 2:05 pm

Truthy, that pic brings back such bittersweet memories. The 'Backs' with King's in the distance.

We used to go there and have a picnic. Long day out. Great times.

Misty Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Places We Have Visited   Places We Have Visited - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 04, 2009 4:13 pm

Places We Have Visited - Page 2 115695-004-38E5821C

Stevenage in all its glory. YOU HAVE ALL BEEN WARNED!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Places We Have Visited   Places We Have Visited - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 04, 2009 4:31 pm

I reckonBarrow- in-Furness has be one of the worst places on earth,known as the arm pit of the North and full of odd people sat around on benches eating pie's from Greggs,famous for it's nuclear submarines built by BNFL in the massive "shed"

Places We Have Visited - Page 2 Ddh_barrow_203x152
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Places We Have Visited   Places We Have Visited - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 04, 2009 4:43 pm

stevenage looks like basingstoke to me

it is also a wee bit dingy lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Places We Have Visited   Places We Have Visited - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 04, 2009 4:53 pm

bigcraigwilly wrote:

I cant quite put my finger on it Craig, but the place has no sense of fun. The people I saw were proper mongs lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Places We Have Visited   Places We Have Visited - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 04, 2009 5:00 pm

look at it cruiser it would suck the fun out of lee evans for christ sake
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Places We Have Visited   Places We Have Visited - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 04, 2009 7:30 pm

Misty wrote:
Truthy, that pic brings back such bittersweet memories. The 'Backs' with King's in the distance.

We used to go there and have a picnic. Long day out. Great times.

Misty Sad

Strangely enough I very rarely ever go along the backs unless it's in a car. It is stunningly beautiful, particularly in spring and that photo just doesn't do it justice at all.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Places We Have Visited   Places We Have Visited - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 04, 2009 7:38 pm

Cruiser wrote:
bigcraigwilly wrote:

I cant quite put my finger on it Craig, but the place has no sense of fun. The people I saw were proper mongs lol!

London overspills yuk. I've been to Basingstoke briefly years ago but I don't know it. Stevenage isn't far from me but I've never been there but one thing I did discover is that there are a number of towns such as these that must be hell to live in. If you want to go to a real craphole of a place then Ashford in Kent is the place to go. Its got an enormous train station there, something to do with the Eurostar and the people all seem to walk twice as fast as they do anywhere else. It's unbelievable how different places in one country can be. Cheltenham and Gloucester which are only about 10 miles apart are a good example.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Places We Have Visited   Places We Have Visited - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 04, 2009 7:40 pm

Bella wrote:
I reckonBarrow- in-Furness has be one of the worst places on earth,known as the arm pit of the North and full of odd people sat around on benches eating pie's from Greggs,famous for it's nuclear submarines built by BNFL in the massive "shed"

It's grim up north ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Places We Have Visited   Places We Have Visited - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 04, 2009 7:41 pm

I'm just waiting for Nora to come back and have a go at me for knocking Birmingham Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Places We Have Visited   Places We Have Visited - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 05, 2009 3:14 am

Truthy wrote:
Bella wrote:

It's grim up north ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

No it's very nice up north :508:

Places We Have Visited - Page 2 Buttermere%20Lake%20Cumbria

Buttermere Lake Cumbria
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Places We Have Visited   Places We Have Visited - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 05, 2009 3:39 am

Buttermere,s lovely,Ska,I spend a lot of time rowing on that lake when I was young Very Happy

Places We Have Visited - Page 2 Buttermere023copy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Places We Have Visited   Places We Have Visited - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 05, 2009 3:43 am

cheltenham is a fun place y friend went to uni there when we went to visit we got trapped in the one way system i swear i was 24 when i got out of it i didn't see much of the place just some crazy roads and leighs digs
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Places We Have Visited   Places We Have Visited - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 05, 2009 5:37 am

I've gotto be honest the lakes are beautiful and to be honest it's the loveliest place I've ever seen in Britain although I've never been to Scotland. The Yorkshire Dales are lovely as well as is the west country.

The lakes are part of what's known as Wordsworth country aren't they Bella?

I didn't think much of his poems but his beer was allright ha ha ha ha ha ha
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Places We Have Visited   Places We Have Visited - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 05, 2009 5:40 am

Places We Have Visited - Page 2 CanterburyStreets

I lived in Canterbury for awhile it was mystical. This is the main drag with the westgate tower in the background. I still have friends there but I haven't been there for a couple of years.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Places We Have Visited   Places We Have Visited - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 05, 2009 5:43 am

Places We Have Visited - Page 2 Canterbury-Cathedral

Everywhere you go in the city you can see the cathedral and it is one of the most amazing medieval buildings I've seen. Canterbury is home to lots of old buildings most of them connected to the church.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Places We Have Visited   Places We Have Visited - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 05, 2009 5:45 am

Places We Have Visited - Page 2 CanterburyC-4356

The city center is full of old winding lanes and you get a sense of traveling back through time there. This is a view of the cathedral's main gate.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Places We Have Visited   Places We Have Visited - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 05, 2009 5:49 am

Places We Have Visited - Page 2 E121

There is an old city wall dating partially back to Roman times. Canterbury was the site of an old Druidic oracle long before christianity and the old Roman road of Watling St still bares its name. You can walk along the battlements.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Places We Have Visited   Places We Have Visited - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 05, 2009 5:54 am

Places We Have Visited - Page 2 StAugustinesAbbey

St Augustine's Abbey. This is where many Ley lines cross and is outside the city walls. A friend of mine used to live right at the back of here and she told me her house was right on a ley line.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Places We Have Visited   Places We Have Visited - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 05, 2009 9:49 am

This intermission has been brought to you by the Canterbury Tourist Board. Coaches leaving Cambridge with your guide, Truthy, every Tuesday.

Popcorn and ices are now available in the forum. The main movie, "My Life As A Secret Sun Poster" will start in five minutes.

The management respectfully ask all trolls not to occupy two seats and not to spit in the aisles.

Thank you.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Places We Have Visited   Places We Have Visited - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 05, 2009 10:52 am

Misty wrote:
This intermission has been brought to you by the Canterbury Tourist Board. Coaches leaving Cambridge with your guide, Truthy, every Tuesday.

Popcorn and ices are now available in the forum. The main movie, "My Life As A Secret Sun Poster" will start in five minutes.

The management respectfully ask all trolls not to occupy two seats and not to spit in the aisles.

Thank you.

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Places We Have Visited   Places We Have Visited - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 05, 2009 10:55 am

Wish the audience were always so good as you, Truthy

Misty
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Places We Have Visited   Places We Have Visited - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 05, 2009 1:04 pm

Misty you definetly have a way with words Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Places We Have Visited   Places We Have Visited - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Places We Have Visited
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The AlsationInRussia AIR Forum :: Art Forums :: Cultures, Travel, Nature, Science etc-
Jump to: