The AlsationInRussia AIR Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Friendly & Social Networking Forum For Arts, Music, News, Chat

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Places We Have Visited

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

Places We Have Visited - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Places We Have Visited   Places We Have Visited - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 05, 2009 1:34 pm

Places We Have Visited - Page 3 Glastonbury-tor

Glastonbury. The Isle of Avalon shrouded in Arthurian legend but nowadays perhaps better known for its musical festival which is held at Pilton a few miles down the road. I have never been to the festival but I have visited Glastonbury several times. I climbed up the Tor and steep and tiring as it was it was harder coming down. It's claimed by some that Merlin is buried inside and along with many other places locally it is linked with a mystical past now long gone.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Places We Have Visited   Places We Have Visited - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 05, 2009 1:45 pm

Places We Have Visited - Page 3 08a_04_portobello_415x275Places We Have Visited - Page 3 Notting Places We Have Visited - Page 3 Ldc_1s1257b.c140x140

Good old W11 - Portobello Rd. Mine and Bella's old stamping ground Laughing

There was always some good old shenanigans going on in the Warwick Castle Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Places We Have Visited   Places We Have Visited - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 05, 2009 1:47 pm

Truthy - when I have time I'll comment on Glastonbury. But, yes, it is a magical place. I climbed the Tor late one evening and the scene over the Somerser Levels is gorgeous in the moonlight

Misty
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Places We Have Visited   Places We Have Visited - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 05, 2009 1:51 pm

Places We Have Visited - Page 3 ParadeAP_250x350

Carnival.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Places We Have Visited   Places We Have Visited - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 05, 2009 1:54 pm

Misty wrote:
Truthy - when I have time I'll comment on Glastonbury. But, yes, it is a magical place. I climbed the Tor late one evening and the scene over the Somerser Levels is gorgeous in the moonlight

Misty

Believe it or not, the morning I climbed up there my friends were still asleep and in the tower at the top there was a ready made spliff and an unopend can of beer awaiting me. No wonder I found it harder coming down than going up. :shock: :shock: :shock:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Places We Have Visited   Places We Have Visited - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 05, 2009 1:57 pm

Places We Have Visited - Page 3 Becky_falls_mace_352x470

Becky Falls, Dartmoor where yours truly fell in the river Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Places We Have Visited   Places We Have Visited - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 05, 2009 2:09 pm

Places We Have Visited - Page 3 Albert-Bridge-London-England-United-Kingdom-Photographic-Print-C13159672

Albert Bridge SW3. I spent many an hour near there. On one side is Chelsea and on the other Battersea Park.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Places We Have Visited   Places We Have Visited - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 05, 2009 5:48 pm

Truthy wrote:
Places We Have Visited - Page 3 Becky_falls_mace_352x470

Becky Falls, Dartmoor where yours truly fell in the river Laughing

Dartmoor is a great place Truthy and the kids love becky falls, good choice, managed to visit the moor many times whilst on holidays in Devon, though I hope I never end up housed at Princetown

Places We Have Visited - Page 3 Dartmoor_prison_465x309

Places We Have Visited - Page 3 Dartmoor_tor

Places We Have Visited - Page 3 Dartmoor%20027_500x500

Places We Have Visited - Page 3 Dartmoor%20023_3_500x500
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Places We Have Visited   Places We Have Visited - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 05, 2009 6:23 pm

Rivington, a plaice I love to take the family and dog for a walk at weekends, close to home and beautiful countryside, Moz will recognise these pictures

Places We Have Visited - Page 3 Lccu

Places We Have Visited - Page 3 Rivington470_470x300

Places We Have Visited - Page 3 501205_be903167

Places We Have Visited - Page 3 Rivington_470_470x352

Places We Have Visited - Page 3 Rivington_470_470x352

Places We Have Visited - Page 3 Rivington-pike-steps

Places We Have Visited - Page 3 010975_319774c1

Places We Have Visited - Page 3 Rivington-pike-sunset
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Places We Have Visited   Places We Have Visited - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 06, 2009 8:22 am

What beautiful pictures

Misty
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Places We Have Visited   Places We Have Visited - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 12, 2009 8:58 pm

Bella wrote:
That is too weird I was just going to do Morecambe but from a different angle

I'll do it in a moment

How about this angle ha ha ha We came, We so, We conquered, 8000 mods made it a lively plaice in 1984, the good old day's

Morecambe Scooter Rally 1984

I worked on a couple of schemes in Morecambe for a good number of months over the last few years, it's dirty and awful now and very much like a ghost town, though they have spent a lot on the sea front and makes it look a lot better, and you cant take away those breathtaking views.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Places We Have Visited   Places We Have Visited - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 12, 2009 10:38 pm

Places We Have Visited - Page 3 Bluebells_06

Places We Have Visited - Page 3 1015_01_10---Seven-Sisters_web

Places We Have Visited - Page 3 Beachy_head_330_330x330

Places We Have Visited - Page 3 WEB_CJW000000731

some of the places i went cycling when i was a teen we used to go and get wasted in all these places

it kind of takes something away from the beauty don't you think lol

the one with the bluebells is just off the cuckoo trail which was our main connecting road to anywhere with the added benefit of being able to stop and roll a joint when we wanted without being disturbed by johnny law
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Places We Have Visited   Places We Have Visited - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 12, 2009 10:39 pm

yes i fucked the page feel free to hurl abuse any time you like lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Places We Have Visited   Places We Have Visited - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 2:09 am

That bluebell one's fantastic,Craig cheers worth stretching the page for Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Places We Have Visited   Places We Have Visited - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 9:13 am

it didnt look so nice with all of us sat in amongst it all

drunk and stoned with our bikes lol

we used to go past the long man on our way to beachy head where the pub would happily serve me the ride home was always more fun
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Places We Have Visited   Places We Have Visited - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 9:34 am

You fucked the page up again bigcraig. I've seen that chalk figure as well and the Cerne Abbas Giant in Dorset.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Places We Have Visited   Places We Have Visited - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 9:39 am

is it the long man of willmington you see or the other one?

the long man only has a knob sometimes

mostly when the kids get bored in the area pmsl

there is also a horse just next to the river cuckmere i cant remember the name of the place but the river is really picturesque i will try and find a pic now
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Places We Have Visited   Places We Have Visited - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 9:39 am

Places We Have Visited - Page 3 Cuckmere_river
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Places We Have Visited   Places We Have Visited - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 9:41 am

Places We Have Visited - Page 3 7Wonders-15

Places We Have Visited - Page 3 7Wonders-05
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Places We Have Visited   Places We Have Visited - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 9:50 am

I have seen all those places too but that Bluebell wood has moved me. I could imagine frollicking and hiding behind trees in a long white flowing gown and bare feet in the dew and the smell of fragrant bluebells whisping against my toes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Places We Have Visited   Places We Have Visited - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 9:58 am

ha ha ha lola

well just go on down to alfriston in april-may the place is covered

i lived in hailsham and used to ride the cuckoo trail up there it is beautiful

its like that for miles and miles even abbots wood is full of them at that time of year
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Places We Have Visited   Places We Have Visited - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 10:02 am

Places We Have Visited - Page 3 Cerne1

The Cerna Abbas Giant, Dorset. I was on the road for a few years and stayed for awhile at a monastery near here. There were also some bluebell woods here. Peaceful and relaxing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Places We Have Visited   Places We Have Visited - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 10:06 am

i have only been to a few places in dorset and that aint one of them unfortunatley but i did live in bournmouth for a while

is was crazy too many parties
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Places We Have Visited   Places We Have Visited - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 10:06 am

Truthy, did you send him to photoshop and add goolies and a penis on ?
I dont remember getting that close up .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Places We Have Visited   Places We Have Visited - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 10:07 am

Places We Have Visited - Page 3 Margaret%20french%20-%20byrons%20pool,%20granchester

Byron's Pool, Grantchester. About 10 minuets walk from where I live. This where Lord Byron used to swim in his days at Cambridge and his ghost is alleged to swim in there in the moonlight. This photo doesn't do it justice.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Places We Have Visited   Places We Have Visited - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Places We Have Visited
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The AlsationInRussia AIR Forum :: Art Forums :: Cultures, Travel, Nature, Science etc-
Jump to: