The AlsationInRussia AIR Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Friendly & Social Networking Forum For Arts, Music, News, Chat

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Food from around the World

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Food from around the World Empty
PostSubject: Food from around the World   Food from around the World EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 11:23 am

Post pictures of different dishes, influenced by different cultures from around the world. I'l start with the Japanese cuisine Sushi. Once a delicacy, now can be ordered in many UK towns and citys. My experience of Sushi, was a fun evening where plates of raw fish would move round the seating areas on a convair belt. The main ingredient of Sushi is Raw Fish accompanied with rice. Eating Sushi with cutlery is almost unheard of, so if you choose to pay a visit to a restuarant, get some pratice in before you sit down lol! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sushi

Food from around the World 2449279129_6d1a35b59e

Food from around the World Sushi_sxc_nr_thumb
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Food from around the World   Food from around the World EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 11:27 am

I love Sushi,Cruiser,I could just eat some now Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Food from around the World   Food from around the World EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 11:35 am

When I went Bella, I spent about 30 quid on my dishes, walked out still hungry and went straight to mcdonalds and grabbed a rubber cheesburger, lol Laughing Laughing
Nice all the same, just didnt feel me up Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Food from around the World   Food from around the World EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 11:38 am

You must be still growing then Cruiser :shock: Embarassed Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Food from around the World   Food from around the World EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 11:39 am

Im almost 6ft Star, so I bloody hope not Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Food from around the World   Food from around the World EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 11:40 am

Satay,I love it,as long as it's hot.The ready made stuff from supermarkets is crap though

Quote :
This is a South-east Asian speciality eaten across much of Indonesia
(from where it originates), Thailand and Malaysia. Small pieces of
marinated meat or fish are skewered on small wooden sticks and grilled
or barbecued. Satay is usually served with spicy peanut sauce. It's essentially a street food, but is good served as a starter or main course with rice.

Food from around the World Grilling-satay

Food from around the World Satay

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Food from around the World   Food from around the World EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 11:47 am

I confess, Ive only ever tried the supermarket/takeaway Satay, but I can only imagine from the pictures that cooked fresh it would taste LOVELY! :bounce:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Food from around the World   Food from around the World EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 12:33 pm

I used to have alot of Malay friend in London,Cruiser,I went out with a malaysian lad for a couple of years,so I got to sample alot of their cooking,I think that was how I was introduced to Satay Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Food from around the World   Food from around the World EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 12:38 pm

Bella wrote:
I used to have alot of Malay friend in London,Cruiser,I went out with a malaysian lad for a couple of years,so I got to sample alot of their cooking,I think that was how I was introduced to Satay Very Happy

It does have it perks doesnt it Bella Very Happy My brothers dating an indian girl, and hes getting fed the best curries lol! But I only get to hear the stories of how nice they are :twisted:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Food from around the World   Food from around the World EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 12:49 pm

I've always wanted to cook such glorious meals, but never have had the discipline of mind or the imagination and patience to bring the thing off.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Food from around the World   Food from around the World EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 1:52 pm

I used to enjoy cooking and entertaining but it seems to have come to a holt since having my son,I hate mundane every day cooking.

Here's another meal I used to enjoy,this time from Ghana,I miss having friends from all over the world here back here in Northern sticks. I had Ghanaian friend from Accra he was a musician , and he used to cook me Peanut/groundnut stew which had to be accompanied by pineapple juice

http://www.astray.com/recipes/?show=Hkatenkwan%20(peanut%20stew)

Food from around the World 7676%20Ghana%20Woman%20cooking%20BolgatangaFood from around the World Afro-stew
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Food from around the World   Food from around the World EmptyMon Jan 19, 2009 7:45 am

Food from around the World PoutineA popular Canadian dish is "Poutine". And whilst I was in Montreal I had the opportunity to try it out. Before I ordered I had been told that the dish contained fries and cheese covered in gravy :shock: The meal looks quite unsightly lol, but on an empty stomach, and maybe even a few beers here and there, it tastes delicious!! :248682:

Food from around the World 1253
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Food from around the World   Food from around the World EmptyMon Jan 19, 2009 8:04 am

Shish Kebabs.

These are really simple to make and brilliant starters. Best thing about them is you can make them at a Barbeque.

Food from around the World 239891581_8744e219d9
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Food from around the World   Food from around the World EmptyMon Jan 19, 2009 10:29 am

I cook loads of Indian food and Italian. I have a lot of Brummie/Indian mates who`s moms gave me original recipes and also Greek Cypriot mates. Im sorry but thos chips look vile ewwwwww . I like chips and gravy and chips and cheese but not together. 👽
Back to top Go down
dayus

dayus

Male
Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2009-01-17

PostSubject: Re: Food from around the World   Food from around the World EmptyWed Jan 21, 2009 1:36 pm

Chelo kabab kubideh. Delicious.

Food from around the World Chelo_kabab_kubideh
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Food from around the World   Food from around the World EmptyThu Jan 22, 2009 10:17 am

Lola wrote:
I cook loads of Indian food and Italian. I have a lot of Brummie/Indian mates who`s moms gave me original recipes and also Greek Cypriot mates. Im sorry but thos chips look vile ewwwwww . I like chips and gravy and chips and cheese but not together. 👽

I know Lola, it does look unsightly doesnt it Laughing Laughing Well, I dived in head first and lived to tell the tale, lol.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Food from around the World   Food from around the World EmptyThu Jan 22, 2009 10:23 am

I have buying of these today..

Food from around the World Chicken%20panini
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Food from around the World   Food from around the World EmptyMon Jan 26, 2009 1:37 pm

MMMMMM, toasted panini Very Happy Love it! I love a toasted salmon and cream cheese panini :248682:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Food from around the World   Food from around the World EmptySat Jan 31, 2009 1:02 pm

My tongue's on fire :shock: I love Chiili olives and usually I can't find them hot enough but these are ,,,,,,,,,,,,,, affraid affraid affraid Laughing

Food from around the World Tongue-of-fire
Back to top Go down
dayus

dayus

Male

PostSubject: Re: Food from around the World   Food from around the World EmptySat Jan 31, 2009 3:29 pm

I believe this is an American creation.

Food from around the World 2qlubuw
Back to top Go down
dayus

dayus

Male

PostSubject: Re: Food from around the World   Food from around the World EmptySun Feb 01, 2009 3:47 am

Food from around the World Aev9sl
Back to top Go down
drum

drum

Female
Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2009-01-27

PostSubject: Re: Food from around the World   Food from around the World EmptySun Feb 01, 2009 11:57 am

SCOTLANDS FINEST!!!!!
The Munchy Box

I had one of these last weekend!

http://blog.23x.net/5/what-is-a-munchy-box.html
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Food from around the World   Food from around the World EmptySun Feb 01, 2009 12:55 pm

OMG Dayus that Bacon Weave thing looks horrible Mad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Food from around the World   Food from around the World EmptySun Feb 01, 2009 1:06 pm

Nora wrote:
OMG Dayus that Bacon Weave thing looks horrible Mad

I agree, that looks disgusting Laughing Laughing

👅
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Food from around the World   Food from around the World EmptySun Feb 01, 2009 1:14 pm

Hiya Cruiser

Trust the Americans to come up with that... I can even picture the person who invented it.. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Food from around the World   Food from around the World Empty

Back to top Go down

Food from around the World
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next