The AlsationInRussia AIR Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Friendly & Social Networking Forum For Arts, Music, News, Chat

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Dave Cameron's 6 year old son has died.

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Dave Cameron's 6 year old son has died. Empty
PostSubject: Dave Cameron's 6 year old son has died.   Dave Cameron's 6 year old son has died. EmptyWed Feb 25, 2009 3:56 am

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Politics/David-Camerons-Disabled-Son-Ivan-Has-Died/Article/200902415229329?lpos=Politics_Carousel_Region_0&lid=ARTICLE_15229329_David_Camerons_Disabled_Son_Ivan_Has_Died

Tory leader David Cameron's disabled son Ivan has died.

Dave Cameron's 6 year old son has died. 15229338

The Cameron's Christmas card featured the family with David holding Ivan

A Conservative Party spokesman said: "It is with great sadness that David and Samantha Cameron must confirm the death of their six-year-old son Ivan.
"Ivan, who suffered from cerebral palsy and severe epilepsy, was taken ill overnight and died at St Mary's Hospital, Paddington, early this morning.
Dave Cameron's 6 year old son has died. 15229359

David Cameron with his family

"David and Samantha would ask that their privacy is respected at this terribly difficult time."
The Prime Minister said:"Sarah and I were very saddened to hear of the death of Ivan and we have sent our condolences to David and Samantha. The death of a child is a loss no parent should have to bear.
"I know Ivan was a child who brought joy to all those who knew him and his was a life surrounded by love. The thoughts and prayers of the whole country are with David, Samantha and their family."
London Mayor Boris Johnson said he sent his deepest sympathies to the family.
Sky's political correspondent Joey Jones said: "It has been well known that Ivan has been extremely ill for most of his life but this will come as a devastating shock for David Cameron and his family.
Dave Cameron's 6 year old son has died. 15229368

"I think that everyone across the political spectrum were share in the sadness of this news."
Sky's health correspondent Thomas Moore said:"Cerebral palsy in itself is not a degenerative condition, you do not die of cerebral palsy.
"There may have been other factors like epilepsy that may have caused his death."
Ivan was the Camerons' first child, born at Queen Charlotte's Hospital in London on April 8, 2002.
He suffered his first seizure within weeks and was in and out of hospitals all of his life.
On learning of his son's illness, Mr Cameron has said in the past: "It hits you like a freight train because all the expectations you have for your child change immediately."

[url=http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK-News/James-Hughes-Death-minga -Bates-Tells-Of-Life-With-Disabled-Son-Noah/Article/20080441313867?lid=ARTICLE_1313867_James%20Hughes%20Death:%20Claire%20Bates%20Tells%20Of%20Life%20With%20Disabled%20Son%20Noah&lpos=searchresults]I am the mother of a child with cerebral palsy who will need me to feed him and change his nappy for the rest of his and my life.[/url]
Sky News Online's minga Bates on caring for her disabled son

They have two other children, Nancy, five, and Arthur, three.
Mr Cameron had been due to attend Prime Minister's Questions in the House of Commons at noon.
He was also expected to join Baroness Thatcher at 10 Downing Street this evening for the unveiling of a new portrait of her.
Friends have previously attributed Mr Cameron's "modernising" leadership of the Conservatives to the NHS care Ivan received.
The illness has also helped the Tory leader realise that there is more to life than politics, they have said.
More follows...

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dave Cameron's 6 year old son has died.   Dave Cameron's 6 year old son has died. EmptyWed Feb 25, 2009 4:58 am

Very sad to lose a child especially one so young Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dave Cameron's 6 year old son has died.   Dave Cameron's 6 year old son has died. EmptyWed Feb 25, 2009 5:01 am

Such a sad story,

RIP lil man xx
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dave Cameron's 6 year old son has died.   Dave Cameron's 6 year old son has died. EmptyWed Feb 25, 2009 9:14 am

He has been a very ill little boy all his life. Sad

Rest in peace. Rose
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dave Cameron's 6 year old son has died.   Dave Cameron's 6 year old son has died. EmptyWed Feb 25, 2009 9:24 am

It upset me when i read the paper this morning ...what a very sad time
for David and his family

Rest in peace little one Rose
Back to top Go down
magica

magica

Female
Number of posts : 622
Registration date : 2008-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Dave Cameron's 6 year old son has died.   Dave Cameron's 6 year old son has died. EmptyWed Feb 25, 2009 9:26 pm

I didnt realise David had a disabled child. My thoughts are with him and his family. To have a child born with these disabilities and to know their life could end anytime is harsh in itself, but to lose him is very hard, even though they knew this day could come. Thoughts to little Ivan, may he have the peace and rest he so deserves.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dave Cameron's 6 year old son has died.   Dave Cameron's 6 year old son has died. EmptyThu Feb 26, 2009 1:38 am

Dave Cameron's 6 year old son has died. Article-1155008-013B5DAC00001005-878_468x312

This picture just breaks my heart. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dave Cameron's 6 year old son has died.   Dave Cameron's 6 year old son has died. EmptyThu Feb 26, 2009 2:32 am

Gordon Brown did a really touching speech yesterday was on Sky News.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dave Cameron's 6 year old son has died.   Dave Cameron's 6 year old son has died. EmptyThu Feb 26, 2009 3:43 am

Nora wrote:
g

Gordon Brown's own baby daughter Jennifer Jane died.

And his son Fraser has cystic fibrosis so he know how it feels to lose a child. Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dave Cameron's 6 year old son has died.   Dave Cameron's 6 year old son has died. EmptyThu Feb 26, 2009 9:04 am

I must admit to not following politics but the sad story of the plight of young Cameron, I think, moved even the staunchest hearts of the opposition and every parent.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dave Cameron's 6 year old son has died.   Dave Cameron's 6 year old son has died. EmptyThu Feb 26, 2009 9:12 am

Magicalstar wrote:
Nora wrote:
g

And his son Fraser has cystic fibrosis so he know how it feels to lose a child. Sad

My neighbour has 2 year old boy twins,both have just recently been diagnosed with cystic fibrosis,so sad Sad .they're lively things at the moment though Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dave Cameron's 6 year old son has died.   Dave Cameron's 6 year old son has died. EmptyThu Feb 26, 2009 9:25 am

Bella wrote:
Magicalstar wrote:
Nora wrote:
g

My neighbour has 2 year old boy twins,both have just recently been diagnosed with cystic fibrosis,so sad Sad .they're lively things at the moment though Smile

My son's father remarried and he and his second wife had a son. He has cystic fibrosis.
He died 6 years ago aged 16, after being in and out of hospital for most of his life. Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dave Cameron's 6 year old son has died.   Dave Cameron's 6 year old son has died. EmptyThu Feb 26, 2009 9:29 am

Sorry to hear that,Magical,it's a terrible disease Sad I have met a few children with it and they all were bright and lively when "well",I hope they find a cure soon.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dave Cameron's 6 year old son has died.   Dave Cameron's 6 year old son has died. EmptyFri Feb 27, 2009 10:01 am

A friend's son has cerebal palsy and he does an amazing job as a single parent but he knows he will probably outlive his son. So sad for any parent. RIP little Cameron Sad
Back to top Go down
magica

magica

Female

PostSubject: Re: Dave Cameron's 6 year old son has died.   Dave Cameron's 6 year old son has died. EmptyFri Feb 27, 2009 12:04 pm

Cerebal palsy with brain damage, is usually caused just before, during or straight after birth, lack of oxygen is the main cause. This causes brain damage, and then the rest follows.

I feel for anyone with a child with these disabilities, so hard, and then ofcourse they can die young, as it causes breathing probs, always having chest infections, as they dont have a cough reflex, and cant hold their heads up. Most times they have to have fluid drained through a tube.

I wrote about this on toasted once, when some posters took great delight in knocking drums son, who has this disability. It really is no laughing matter.

My thoughts are with anyone who has a child with this, or a child with any disbilities.

To go through the ups and downs of trying to raise a baby, then child, with this and then lose them at the end is sheer heartbreaking. Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dave Cameron's 6 year old son has died.   Dave Cameron's 6 year old son has died. EmptyFri Feb 27, 2009 12:42 pm

Well put Magica clap
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dave Cameron's 6 year old son has died.   Dave Cameron's 6 year old son has died. EmptyFri Feb 27, 2009 12:48 pm

You have to thank God for the healthy children that you may have been fortunate to have.

Smile

Others are not so lucky.

Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dave Cameron's 6 year old son has died.   Dave Cameron's 6 year old son has died. EmptyFri Feb 27, 2009 12:51 pm

Very true. It must really be a trying time for the Camerons and other parents in their situation Sad
Back to top Go down
magica

magica

Female

PostSubject: Re: Dave Cameron's 6 year old son has died.   Dave Cameron's 6 year old son has died. EmptyFri Feb 27, 2009 2:48 pm

Truthy wrote:
Well put Magica clap

Thanku Truthy, wave

I feel very strongly about this subject, and it would do for others more fortunate to understand rather than ridicule others in this postion as was done to drum.

Im sure also that little Ivan knew how much he was loved and he had that love around him at the end too. Bless his little soul
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dave Cameron's 6 year old son has died.   Dave Cameron's 6 year old son has died. EmptyFri Feb 27, 2009 4:55 pm

It was really cruel what was said about drum, she's a nice woman and a 100 times better than those who criticised her, well done for defending her sword
Back to top Go down
magica

magica

Female

PostSubject: Re: Dave Cameron's 6 year old son has died.   Dave Cameron's 6 year old son has died. EmptyFri Feb 27, 2009 5:13 pm

I dont know drum, ive only said hello on here once, but i will defend anyone who has a child born like this against anyone making fun, its so cruel and drum needs support not ridicule truthy, as does anyone in her position. What happened to her child was not her fault, and i was so cross that anyone could think otherwise, how narrow minded, and spiteful and i will not forget it.

Its truly heartbreaking to have a child born with these disabilities and my heart goes out to anyone in that situation.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dave Cameron's 6 year old son has died.   Dave Cameron's 6 year old son has died. EmptyFri Feb 27, 2009 5:32 pm

That's the likes of Cliar and Morningstarr for you, no wonder Twisted's on the way out gun
Back to top Go down
magica

magica

Female

PostSubject: Re: Dave Cameron's 6 year old son has died.   Dave Cameron's 6 year old son has died. EmptyFri Feb 27, 2009 7:16 pm

Tell me about it sword sword
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dave Cameron's 6 year old son has died.   Dave Cameron's 6 year old son has died. EmptyFri Feb 27, 2009 7:34 pm

I don't think Cliar's posting at the moment.
Back to top Go down
jinty mcsplinty

jinty mcsplinty

Female
Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2009-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Dave Cameron's 6 year old son has died.   Dave Cameron's 6 year old son has died. EmptySat Mar 07, 2009 8:19 am

he said that people thought ivan was lucky to have the family he did but david said it was the family who were blessed to have him because of everything he taught them even the children who will grow up to be more rounded individuals more compassionate and understanding who are not going to be frightened by a woman with only one hand on the tv and such like

he has taught them a very valuable lesson how to love so totally unconditionally to know that this little star depended in his entirety on the wellbeing of his parents and siblings the family knows exactly what it entails in terms of health welfare education respite

brave little lad lovely cherub

oh and yes one of the reasons for my being on bf is the treatment meted out to drum by those arseholes whippie
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dave Cameron's 6 year old son has died.   Dave Cameron's 6 year old son has died. Empty

Back to top Go down

Dave Cameron's 6 year old son has died.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next