The AlsationInRussia AIR Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Friendly & Social Networking Forum For Arts, Music, News, Chat

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The smoking ban

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage

The smoking ban - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The smoking ban   The smoking ban - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 01, 2009 11:52 am

The smoking ban can only be a good thing. It has created a much more healthy social environment. I know those that smoke feel agrieved that they have had the freedom robbed of them to choose what they want to do, but remember: in society there are far more that don't smoke, and to smoke in their environment is robbing them of their free choice. I suppose a compromise would be, where establishments allow it: to have say smoking pubs, where they are advertised as such, both to the punters in them, and the staff applying for jobs there, so that everyone is aware of its smoking status. But if there is any members of the public compelled to visit these establishments, then a no smoking ban ought to be applied.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The smoking ban   The smoking ban - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 01, 2009 12:56 pm

Should it not be up the proprieters though whether they allow smoking or not?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The smoking ban   The smoking ban - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 01, 2009 1:06 pm

I love the Canaries.. you have smoking and non smoking bars and I so miss having a ciggy with my drinky in a social environment wine
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The smoking ban   The smoking ban - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 01, 2009 1:08 pm

Smoking and non smoking seems like a good compromise, Sandy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The smoking ban   The smoking ban - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 01, 2009 1:10 pm

Shine wrote:

Do you smoke Shine
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The smoking ban   The smoking ban - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 01, 2009 1:21 pm

Shine wrote:

I have a feeling that the non smoking pubs would be empty here though Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The smoking ban   The smoking ban - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 01, 2009 1:24 pm

There's very good AIR filtration systems avalable now Laughing

I do miss those smoking threads on the Mirror , was such a laugh laugh
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The smoking ban   The smoking ban - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 01, 2009 1:27 pm

Sandybeaches wrote:
Shine wrote:

I have a feeling that the non smoking pubs would be empty here though Smile

I used to smoke, Sandy, many years ago, but no longer. When I did smoke, I would have gone in the smoking pubs.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The smoking ban   The smoking ban - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 01, 2009 1:31 pm

Even non smokers went in smoking pubs when there was a choice in Glasgow..the few non smoking pubs were dead and didnt last long.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The smoking ban   The smoking ban - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 01, 2009 1:32 pm

I asked if you smoked Shine
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The smoking ban   The smoking ban - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 01, 2009 2:25 pm

Sandybeaches wrote:
Even non smokers went in smoking pubs when there was a choice in Glasgow..the few non smoking pubs were dead and didnt last long.

We have a good venue for live music here,Sandy but Ive given up going nearly,everyone is stood outside now,the atmosphere's not what it was .
Back to top Go down
magica

magica

Female
Number of posts : 622
Registration date : 2008-12-25

PostSubject: Re: The smoking ban   The smoking ban - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 02, 2009 11:55 am

I agree Bella.

I went to a quiz night back in February and half the locals were outside! Its so silly, when they could so easily have one bar for smoking and one for non-smokers, or as my hub said, smoking and non-smoking pubs. He packed up over a year ago, so i have to keep nipping out on my own now, he ges fedup with sitting there alone waiting for me to come back lol LOL
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The smoking ban   The smoking ban - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 02, 2009 11:59 am

But the other argument is ...
If you dont smoke why should you have to breathe in other ppl smoke
and then come home and jump in the shower because your hair and body
stink of fags ..
Back to top Go down
magica

magica

Female

PostSubject: Re: The smoking ban   The smoking ban - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 04, 2009 4:18 pm

But as i said, you can have smoking or no smoking pubs. Non smokers drink in the non smoking pub, simple really - no need to ban all pubs then.
Back to top Go down
CyberSoul

CyberSoul

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2009-04-04

PostSubject: Re: The smoking ban   The smoking ban - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 04, 2009 5:08 pm

A very good point ,Magical

A funny song LOL

A verygGood point ,Magical .
Back to top Go down
magica

magica

Female

PostSubject: Re: The smoking ban   The smoking ban - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 08, 2009 11:50 am

Hee hee pint rasta
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The smoking ban   The smoking ban - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

The smoking ban
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The AlsationInRussia AIR Forum :: News Forums :: Debate and Discussion-
Jump to: