The AlsationInRussia AIR Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Friendly & Social Networking Forum For Arts, Music, News, Chat

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Is there a God?

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Is there a God? Empty
PostSubject: Is there a God?   Is there a God? EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 1:55 am

A simple question to start the debate.
Back to top Go down

Is there a God? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is there a God?   Is there a God? EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 4:43 am

Did someone make the world or did the world make it's self ?

It will be my ponder of the day,I'll let you know my thoughs later
Back to top Go down

Is there a God? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is there a God?   Is there a God? EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 4:55 am

I beleive there is a god or higher life force.
Back to top Go down

Is there a God? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is there a God?   Is there a God? EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 4:56 am

I was brought up to believe there is a God and I believed it when I was younger.

But with all the illness, pain and suffering in this world, sometimes my faith is sorely tested, as I wonder why would God allow this, to happen to his people. Sad
Back to top Go down

Is there a God? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is there a God?   Is there a God? EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 4:57 am

god doesnt allow it, he allows free will, there is a difference.
Back to top Go down

Is there a God? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is there a God?   Is there a God? EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 5:37 am

Intrinsic wrote:
god doesnt allow it, he allows free will, there is a difference.

Hmmmm....true.

But there is no freewill surely when you get cancer and such like and suffer great pain and discomfort. It does not happen through choice.
Back to top Go down

Is there a God? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is there a God?   Is there a God? EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 11:25 am

Magicalstar wrote:
I was brought up to believe there is a God and I believed it when I was younger.

But with all the illness, pain and suffering in this world, sometimes my faith is sorely tested, as I wonder why would God allow this, to happen to his people. Sad

I believe - I don't mean any offense by this, Magical, - that hurt and pain visit us from the pain and hurt we ourselves have dealt out in our past, whether in this life or another previous one.
Back to top Go down

Is there a God? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is there a God?   Is there a God? EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 11:37 am

Im like you mags ...i was brought up a catholic and did the church every sunday bit ...

but with what's happened within my life ..it has been sorely tested and i dont
believe really ..

but that's just the way i feel
Back to top Go down

Is there a God? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is there a God?   Is there a God? EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 11:38 am

Shine wrote:
Magicalstar wrote:

I believe - I don't mean any offense by this, Magical, - that hurt and pain visit us from the pain and hurt we ourselves have dealt out in our past, whether in this life or another previous one.

That could well be true Shine.
Back to top Go down

Is there a God? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is there a God?   Is there a God? EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 11:59 am

If I meet disaster, Magical, no matter how hard it is for me to utter, but I blame my past transgressions.
Back to top Go down

Is there a God? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is there a God?   Is there a God? EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 12:03 pm

Shine wrote:
If I meet disaster, Magical, no matter how hard it is for me to utter, but I blame my past transgressions.

That's very brave ..shine
Back to top Go down

Is there a God? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is there a God?   Is there a God? EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 12:09 pm

How we deal with hurt and pain is up each individual taking into account their biological makeup,we can learn from it or dwell upon it,whichever path we choose will be testing.

I find the idea that we could somehow be accountable for the pain and suffering dealt us in our lives because of our past mistakes either in the here and now or in some past incarnation an unbearable thought.How does this explain personal trageties,would this then make me accountable in some way for someones death that caused myself and others pain and grieving ?

Personally ,I dont believe in God,I believe all religions were created as some sort of moral code and guidance in days gone by .I liken it to a mountain with many different paths all leading to the summit ,mine is an individual one I am making myself.Im not a follower of organised paths
Back to top Go down
doodah

doodah

Female
Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2009-03-12

Is there a God? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is there a God?   Is there a God? EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 12:14 pm

I always believe that goes around comes around.
Back to top Go down

Is there a God? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is there a God?   Is there a God? EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 12:29 pm

Not in the case of trageties of accidents ,how can you hold yourself accountable for the pain you may suffer in aftermath. If you say had a child born with a terrible illness would you blame yourself ? If one of your family was killed in a car accident would you blame yourself that?

I agree to some degree with "what goes around comes around "when it comes to personal conduct.

Im finding this discussion difficult in a personal way ,it is hard enough to deal with tragety in your life without having to think you may in someway be to blame for it.
Back to top Go down
doodah

doodah

Female

Is there a God? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is there a God?   Is there a God? EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 12:34 pm

Bella I dont think in the case of personal tragedy how can anyone hold themselves accountable for any wrong doing they may or may not have done in the past unless they had something directly to do with the tragedy in question.
Back to top Go down

Is there a God? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is there a God?   Is there a God? EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 12:39 pm

doodah wrote:
Bella I dont think in the case of personal tragedy how can anyone hold themselves accountable for any wrong doing they may or may not have done in the past unless they had something directly to do with the tragedy in question.

So would you agree Karma is a matter of how we conduct our personal lives and not those events of which we have no control over Smile
Back to top Go down
doodah

doodah

Female

Is there a God? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is there a God?   Is there a God? EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 12:42 pm

yes Bella that is what I believe Karma to be.
Back to top Go down

Is there a God? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is there a God?   Is there a God? EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 12:45 pm

I believe we create our own eternal universe and are born again thousands of times in metempsychosis, and what was done is done unto us until we learn to undo those transgressions of our past, and live a virtuous life in the present, and then our souls flee this captivity of reincarnation and are released upon the heavens of eternal bliss.
Back to top Go down

Is there a God? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is there a God?   Is there a God? EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 12:49 pm

doodah wrote:

How strange Doods

That used to be one of my forum signatures. Smile

What goes around, comes around-of that you can be certain.

eek
Back to top Go down
doodah

doodah

Female

Is there a God? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is there a God?   Is there a God? EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 12:53 pm

I have been saying it for as long as I can remember.

Weird
Back to top Go down

Is there a God? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is there a God?   Is there a God? EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 12:55 pm

Shine wrote:
I believe we create our own eternal universe and are born again thousands of times in metempsychosis, and what was done is done unto us until we learn to undo those transgressions of our past, and live a virtuous life in the present, and then our souls flee this captivity of reincarnation and are released upon the heavens of eternal bliss.

With respect, That sounds a bit idealistic,unfortunately our internal universe is affected by the outside universe ,some of which we have no control over .Are you talking about personal conduct here because pain and suffering can afflict even very virtous souls.
Back to top Go down

Is there a God? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is there a God?   Is there a God? EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 12:56 pm

Magicalstar wrote:
doodah wrote:

How strange Doods

eek

It was Magica's too ,I think
Back to top Go down

Is there a God? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is there a God?   Is there a God? EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 12:57 pm

Bella wrote:
Shine wrote:

With respect, That sounds a bit idealistic,unfortunately our internal universe is affected by the outside universe ,some of which we have no control over .Are you talking about personal conduct here because pain and suffering can afflict even very virtous souls.

Our pain and suffering is ours brought about by past transgressions against others, Bella.
Back to top Go down

Is there a God? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is there a God?   Is there a God? EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 1:00 pm

Bella wrote:
Magicalstar wrote:
doodah wrote:

How strange Doods

eek

It was Magica's too ,I think

Well Magica and I are sistas in name. LOL
Back to top Go down

Is there a God? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is there a God?   Is there a God? EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 1:01 pm

Shine wrote:
Bella wrote:
Shine wrote:

Our pain and suffering is ours brought about by past transgressions against others, Bella.

Are you going on a spiritual tangent tonight? eek
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Is there a God? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is there a God?   Is there a God? Empty

Back to top Go down

Is there a God?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The AlsationInRussia AIR Forum :: News Forums :: Debate and Discussion-
Jump to: