The AlsationInRussia AIR Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Friendly & Social Networking Forum For Arts, Music, News, Chat

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Photography

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage

Photography - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Photography   Photography - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 24, 2008 10:35 am

Forum's gone weird.

I can't quote you and reply.

Under attack, sound the sirens.

:shock:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Photography   Photography - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 24, 2008 12:06 pm

The sirens remind me of the singing voices that once lured seafaring men to disaster.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Photography   Photography - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 26, 2008 5:10 am

Photography - Page 2 03954v_Peasant_girls_Russian_Empire
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Photography   Photography - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 26, 2008 5:17 am

Photography - Page 2 Images%3Fq%3Drussian%2Bpeasant%26start%3D140%26ndsp%3D20%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26rls%3Dorg
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Photography   Photography - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 26, 2008 5:40 am

Id love to know what the tribal Tattoo's on her face mean,Lola,i think she has a concerned look about her
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Photography   Photography - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 26, 2008 5:49 am

[quoteThe Beduoin (nomadic) people and Gypsies (Nawar) seem to be the main
influence on tattoo designs of both Arabic and non Arabic tribes.
Bedouin women were the most heavily tattooed of and were most likely
tattooed by the Nawar. The Nawar tattooed people from Syria, Egypt,
Libya, Iran and Iraq right up until the start of the 20th century.
In Iran, even upper class women had pattern of blue starts on their
chins. These chin designs were sometimes highly elaborate looking and
looked more like a beard than a tattoo. Alongside that was another
practice by women of the Middle Easy of tattooing the lips blue. This
was considered to be the embodiment of beauty by Iraqi men.
Tattoos were quite extensively used as amulets in the Middle East
with the wearers imbuing them with magical powers. These were often in
the form of dots or a small cross. They were mostly done on the hands
or feet and it was common to see women with three dots on the hand.
They either provided protection or strength depending on which hand.

Photography - Page 2 Tattoos_bedouin_woman

Nowadays the demand for tattoos has exploded particularly amongst
young Iranian women who proudly display their body art in private but
must keep them under wraps from authorities. Places such as Tehran have
always been the birthplaces for nearly every limit-testing trend since
the strict dress codes of the Islamic Revolution began to erode in the
late 1990s and tattoos don't seem to be any different.
Thanks to Maarten Hesselt Van Dinter at The World o][/quote]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Photography   Photography - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 26, 2008 5:52 am

edited to say sorry missed a couple of pages here,I was referring to the Bedouin woman
Bella wrote:
Id love to know what the tribal Tattoo's on her face mean,Lola,i think she has a concerned look about her
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Photography   Photography - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 26, 2008 5:53 am

Photography - Page 2 00710v
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Photography   Photography - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 26, 2008 6:15 am

I think he is doing this peasant woman a tattoo. I absolutely love to look at faces on these pics. Time magazine online has so many brilliant ones that have been captured and I found some quite sad ones of French resistance men shaving the head and stripping naked a French woman who had betrayed them and had slept with a Nazi. Quite shocking but i suppose they did it to teach her a lesson in those times.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Photography   Photography - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 26, 2008 10:58 am

Photography - Page 2 431px-Lewis_Hine_Power_house_mechanic_working_on_steam_pump
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Photography   Photography - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 27, 2008 5:14 am

Photography - Page 2 Article-0-02E59795000005DC-560_224x423

This picure is in the Daily Mail today. They are asking if it is the face of Jack Frost, Old Man Winter or, of Jesus.
It was found hanging from a home in Lake Stevens, a city in the state of Washington.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Photography   Photography - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 27, 2008 5:16 am

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Photography   Photography - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 27, 2008 5:21 am

Photography - Page 2 Weather2_650x491

I absolutely adore robins! Awww. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Photography   Photography - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 27, 2008 6:07 am

I remember as a kid seeing many robins, but maybe I don't look as much now, but I haven't seen one in years.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Photography   Photography - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 27, 2008 6:18 am

Shine wrote:
I remember as a kid seeing many robins, but maybe I don't look as much now, but I haven't seen one in years.

One comes to our back garden most afternoons and bobs around for a while. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Photography   Photography - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 27, 2008 6:41 am

Lovely picture's,Magical!
At my Dads house way out in the sticks of Cumbria we have alot of wildlife,I enjoy waking early in the morning to watch it all.We have a harem of wild pheasant's,many gardenbirds and squirrels who come to be fed every day.I also look out for owl's ,kestrals and bat's and the old badger who rifles through the bins at night .Mr fox came on Christmas eve and helped himself to an early Christmas lunch of free range Chicken,we only have 2 left now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Photography   Photography - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 27, 2008 6:51 am

Bella wrote:
Lovely picture's,Magical!
At my Dads house way out in the sticks of Cumbria we have alot of wildlife,I enjoy waking early in the morning to watch it all.We have a harem of wild pheasant's,many gardenbirds and squirrels who come to be fed every day.I also look out for owl's ,kestrals and bat's and the old badger who rifles through the bins at night .Mr fox came on Christmas eve and helped himself to an early Christmas lunch of free range Chicken,we only have 2 left now.

Oh, what a shame about the chicken Bella. We have flocks of geese flying over from the local park's lake and river area and bright green parrots. The squirrel comes and does his acrobatics on the feeder holding fatballs as do various birds of all sizes.
While one bird eats, another will troll around below the feeder and eat the fallen bits. The grass has been worn away by them in that area now. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Photography   Photography - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 29, 2008 9:08 am

9Photography - Page 2 0922envy_420x280Dubai
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Photography   Photography - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 29, 2008 9:21 am

Photography - Page 2 470travel-lapland
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Photography   Photography - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 29, 2008 10:06 am

Photography - Page 2 Lapland_11887a
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Photography   Photography - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 29, 2008 12:46 pm

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Photography   Photography - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 29, 2008 12:50 pm

Photography - Page 2 323988567_79c261fed8_b
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Photography   Photography - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 29, 2008 12:55 pm

Photography - Page 2 SurrealSunsetss1

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Photography   Photography - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 31, 2008 3:53 pm

Photography - Page 2 Wolf1W
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Photography   Photography - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 31, 2008 3:58 pm

Photography - Page 2 Snowlamb1L_468x595
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Photography   Photography - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Photography
Page 2 of 14Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next