The AlsationInRussia AIR Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Friendly & Social Networking Forum For Arts, Music, News, Chat

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Anyone reading any good books at the moment

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Anyone reading any good books at the moment Empty
PostSubject: Anyone reading any good books at the moment   Anyone reading any good books at the moment EmptyFri Jan 02, 2009 8:47 am

I need a bit of inspiration
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone reading any good books at the moment   Anyone reading any good books at the moment EmptySun Jan 04, 2009 4:52 am

Bella, I read and collect autobiographies.

Last edited by magicalstar on Sun Jan 04, 2009 5:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone reading any good books at the moment   Anyone reading any good books at the moment EmptySun Jan 04, 2009 4:59 am

I keyed in to Google the best selling books of 2007 and fucking cookery books came out on top!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone reading any good books at the moment   Anyone reading any good books at the moment EmptySun Jan 04, 2009 5:37 am

Shine wrote:
I keyed in to Google the best selling books of 2007 and fucking cookery books came out on top!

lol! Shine, the poetic chef!

My eggs benedict are slowly placed on perfectly round crumpets, oozing golden butter and covered with tninly sliced wafers of delicately smoked ham, then slathered salaciously in a velvety hollandaise sauce and seasoned with black pepper etc etc.

I can just see you now on Ready Steady Cook.

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone reading any good books at the moment   Anyone reading any good books at the moment EmptySun Jan 04, 2009 5:42 am

My souflay will be simply delicious!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone reading any good books at the moment   Anyone reading any good books at the moment EmptySun Jan 04, 2009 5:46 am

Shine wrote:
My souflay will be simply delicious!

souffle you twat, not souflay! Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone reading any good books at the moment   Anyone reading any good books at the moment EmptySun Jan 04, 2009 5:49 am

That souflay didn't sound right somehow!

Shine softened the souffle ready for sorbet.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone reading any good books at the moment   Anyone reading any good books at the moment EmptySun Jan 04, 2009 5:57 am

Shine wrote:
That souflay didn't sound right somehow!

Shine softened the souffle ready for sorbet.

You need to seperate the eggs for a souffle and beat the egg whites until very siff, making sure to incorporate lots of AIR, into the egg whites.

whpin blonde whpin blonde whpin blonde
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone reading any good books at the moment   Anyone reading any good books at the moment EmptySun Jan 04, 2009 6:04 am

Shine stood and watched Magical work thouse souffle. He marvelled at the dexterity of her hands as she whisked the egg whites into a stiff souffle.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone reading any good books at the moment   Anyone reading any good books at the moment EmptySun Jan 04, 2009 6:16 am

Shine wrote:
Shine stood and watched Magical work thouse souffle. He marvelled at the dexterity of her hands as she whisked the egg whites into a stiff souffle.

If I used the whip, there'd be souffle all over, the white cliffs of Dover................. Laughing
Back to top Go down
magica

magica

Female
Number of posts : 622
Registration date : 2008-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Anyone reading any good books at the moment   Anyone reading any good books at the moment EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 2:31 pm

I've been reading lots of Philipa Gregory books, theyre brilliant. If you like Tudor times and reading about that era, these are for you. I can't put them down once I start, ive read most of them now - I highly recommend them :nudie:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone reading any good books at the moment   Anyone reading any good books at the moment EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 3:12 pm

Magica, I'm reading 'To The Utmost Depths Of Transcendentalism,' by Herbert Solousom. It deals with the disturbing war in the old Yugoslavia. Its protagonist is a young woman, who witnesses her husband murdered by Yaslov, a Serb. He takes Yetlana and her mother across the Szlilmsi Pass, and the ferocity of the weather makes them hold up in a mountain cavern. The night grows cold for the three and the the old hieroglyphics begin to glimmer and move........
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone reading any good books at the moment   Anyone reading any good books at the moment EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 3:25 pm

That's a bit heavy for bed time reading ...I thought a bit of mills and boon
blaze might harden the sleep Embarassed
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone reading any good books at the moment   Anyone reading any good books at the moment EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 3:27 pm

I am also reading, 'Never Hold A River In Your Mind,' by Saitayn Quebeca. It is a satire on a Pakistani family, an English family, and an amorous Mongol from Ulaanbaatar or Karakorum, who have been transported in time and space to Bjiujitma in the Seventh Kariomin of Claivot. The first chapter is difficult, but the arrival of Somtimto, the native of Bjiujitma, who falls in love with Nadia, makes the action of the plot race.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone reading any good books at the moment   Anyone reading any good books at the moment EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 3:34 pm

You obviously enjoy reading .....I do just a bit lighter stuff Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone reading any good books at the moment   Anyone reading any good books at the moment EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 3:34 pm

The book I want to read is: 'Chimney Stack,' by Robert Slattop. It deals with the demise of the working class in Britain, and in particular the council estate class. Its central character is Barbara, who doesn't work, but facilitates cheap knock offs in the local council estate pub. The Pub is due for closure and the locals decide to hav a lock in with the landlord and his 'loose' landlady. At twelve a game begins....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone reading any good books at the moment   Anyone reading any good books at the moment EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 3:35 pm

Im reading this collection of short stories by William Boyd I enjoy his writing especially The Blue Afternoon and Brazzaville beach

http://www.williamboyd.co.uk/default.asp?sec=2&sec2=16&sec3=0
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone reading any good books at the moment   Anyone reading any good books at the moment EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 3:36 pm

:arrow:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone reading any good books at the moment   Anyone reading any good books at the moment EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 3:39 pm

Shine wrote:
The book I want to read is: 'Chimney Stack,' by Robert Slattop. It deals with the demise of the working class in Britain, and in particular the council estate class. Its central character is Barbara, who doesn't work, but facilitates cheap knock offs in the local council estate pub. The Pub is due for closure and the locals decide to hav a lock in with the landlord and his 'loose' landlady. At twelve a game begins....

I reckon your making these up,Shine,ive never heard of Robert slattop
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone reading any good books at the moment   Anyone reading any good books at the moment EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 3:40 pm

stargazer1 wrote:
:arrow:

What does that mean,Star ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone reading any good books at the moment   Anyone reading any good books at the moment EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 3:41 pm

Bella wrote:
Shine wrote:

I think if you Google 'The Devil and Death at Three,' Bella, Barbara and Robert Slattop will show.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone reading any good books at the moment   Anyone reading any good books at the moment EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 3:46 pm

I changed my post that's all Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone reading any good books at the moment   Anyone reading any good books at the moment EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 3:46 pm

You both think my reading is as fictitious as Claire's beauty then? Try key this book in google: Diary of a Kitchen Brick,' by Mary Fadge. The 'brick' is an extended metaphor for the husbands she has, who cannot change or adapt to her way of thinking or development of mind. The men remain stunted in all but physique and become cemented as characters of a higher 'locked' dimension, as Philomena moves through life and men.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone reading any good books at the moment   Anyone reading any good books at the moment EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 3:48 pm

Shine wrote:
Bella wrote:
Shine wrote:

I think if you Google 'The Devil and Death at Three,' Bella, Barbara and Robert Slattop will show.

Perhaps you could enlighten me with a link,Shine
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone reading any good books at the moment   Anyone reading any good books at the moment EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 3:49 pm

I don't think it is fictitious or fact ....but you are very good with your so
called stories
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone reading any good books at the moment   Anyone reading any good books at the moment Empty

Back to top Go down

Anyone reading any good books at the moment
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next